Surf Dog Competition | Amazing Animal Adventures

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Surf Dog Competition

I was randomly surfing the web this morning when I chanced upon this photo on AOL Weird News of a dog surfing. It was a participant in the recent 3rd Annual Loews Coronado Bay Resort surf dog competition in Imperial Beach, California on June 28, 2008.

Photo credit: Gabriel Bouys, AFP / Getty Images

Loews Coronado Bay Resort Surf Dog, which is the organizer of the largest dog surfing competition, has a blog which you can check out more photos and videos of dogs surfing and the winners of the respective surfing class based on weight for 2008 and previous years. CBS Evening News even featured this event too.

While I was amazed to find that many dogs could skateboard from videos posted on YouTube, I am even more amazed that dogs could surf. I know they could swim but surfing is an entirely different thing. Makes me wonder why my dogs don't know special tricks. I love them all the same, though!

2 comments:

TasteTV said...

Looks cool!

If you get a chance, check out www.SurfDogSeries.com

CyberPartyGal said...

Hi! Thanks for the link!

Post a Comment